Nuka Research can provide technical assistance and support to your agency, company or organization in support of a range of environmental planning, oil and gas, and marine transportation projects.
- Develop tailored strategies to protect environmentally sensitive or high value areas from the impacts of oil or hazardous substance releases,
- Develop emergency response or contingency plans for natural disasters, oil spills, or other emergencies,
- Provide an analysis of the oil spill or emergency response equipment needed to comply with regulatory requirements,
- Manage and facilitate collaborative, informed decision-making about natural resource management,
- Convene and manage Expert Panels and Peer Review of scientific and technical studies,
- Conduct vessel traffic surveys to support maritime risk assessment,
- Conduct statistical analyses of historical oil spill data and develop statistical models to support oil spill planning and risk analysis,
- Develop geospatial databases and specialized mapping applications to support oil spill planning and emergency response,
- Analyze how proposed or existing environmental regulations or policies will affect your organizational interests,
- Provide trained personnel to respond to oil spills, hazardous materials releases, or natural disasters,
- Develop standardized manuals describing tactical methods for oil spill cleanup, field sampling, or emergency response,
- Provide technical analysis of oil spill response technologies and systems,
- Provide regulatory and technical reviews of existing and proposed oil production, transportation, and storage projects,
- Organize and conduct field sampling or monitoring operations to assess contaminants to marine or coastal ecosystems,
- Provide analysis to support state and federal rulemaking processes, and
- Facilitate work groups, workshops, or forums that bring together local knowledge and technical expertise to inform policy decisions and/or build consensus.
We are an active member of the U.S. oil spill prevention and response community, and we regularly attend local and national conferences and other academic and technical forums. We regularly publish scientific and technical articles on topics related to oil spill policy and practice.